Your information will be held by Global Synergy Resources, 6 St George’s Circus, The Clarence Centre, London, SE1 6FE, United Kingdom.
Global Synergy Resources is committed in protecting your privacy and this policy sets out the steps it takes to protect it.
We collect information from employees, interns, customers, business partners and sub-contractors.
Information that we collect
The information we collect are usually contact details, financial information and addresses.
We may collect, store and use personal information about you from these sources:
- Information you give to us: For example, when you register for our products and services, when you talk to us on the phone or at a meeting or event, in e-mails and letters, in surveys, when you use our website. We will typically collect name, e-mail address, job title, telephone number, bank details, postal address and in certain circumstances we will collect date of birth and nationality.
- Information we get when you use our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them for example, when you download a publication or book a space at an event. Website usage information is collected using IP addresses and cookies.
If you do not provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that personal information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel the service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How do we use the information that we collect
We will only use your personal information:
- to manage our relationship with you including providing membership services;
- to provide and improve our services to you including our website services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to fulfil our contractual obligations;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we may feel may be of interest to you;
- to compile anonymous statistics, for example website usage statistics;
- to inform you about our seminars and events and efficiently run those seminars and events;
- to fulfil our legal obligations;
- to process and respond to inquiries; and
- to send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you.
Your data shall be protected by security measures that we have in place such as encryption, anti-virus softwares, access controls and trainings for the employees.
Our legal basis for processing personal information
In order for Global Synergy Resources to fulfil its contractual obligations, we need to collect personal information relating to you. We will only process your personal information when we have a lawful basis for doing so. Our lawful basis will be one or more of the following:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- When it is our legal duty; or
- When we have your consent; or
- When it is in our legitimate interest.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to process your information. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. Our legitimate interests are as follows:
- to effectively run and manage the business;
- to provide the services available throughout our website;
- to promote the development of services offered to industry and further improve those services;
- to promote, manage and run events;
- to promote and circulate information and news about the industry to members, industry stakeholders and the wider public;
We shall not hold more personal data than we need to achieve our purpose, nor shall the data include irrelevant details.
Who we share your personal information with
Please note that we may share your information with third parties who provide services to us on our behalf including but not limited to postal services, document storage facilities, suppliers, sub-contractors, IT service providers such as cloud providers of software, companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you. We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. We will not share your information with any other third party. Anyone who has authority from the company to access to personal data will not process that personal data unless instructed to do so.
Should a personal data breach occur, it shall be notified to supervisory authority.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
To deliver services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for example:
- with our service providers located outside the EEA; or
- if you are based outside the EEA;
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Any transfer of your personal information will be subject to an “adequacy decision” being made by the European Commission being made or appropriate or suitable relevant safeguards. Where neither of the above applies, the transfer will be made only if it falls under one of the exceptions set out in the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like further information regarding the mechanisms used to comply with data protection laws when transferring your personal information out of the EEA, or to obtain a copy of the safeguards, please contact us (see our contact information below).
How long will we hold your personal data for?
Your rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you
You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and if so, to request from us access to, rectification of, or erasure of your personal data. You also have the right to request the restriction of processing or to object to our processing of your personal data. Finally, you have the right to data portability (i.e. right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data). Please use the contact details below to know more about your rights and how to exercise them. You can find more information about your rights at www.ICO.org.uk.
If you have any questions or concerns about how long we keep your information for, please contact us using the details below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner in respect of our processing of your personal data. Information can be found at www.ICO.org.uk.
Our contact information
If you have any queries relating to this privacy notice or the processing of your personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com